Coffee is once again in the news -- this time not just for what it gives us in the form of a pick me up in the morning or during our mid-day slump, but rather coffee extracts are courting our vanity with promises of weight loss and miracle skin treatments.
While I cannot vouch for the purported waistline shrinking properties of the bean, I do have firsthand experience with coffee and skin care. What I can say is THIS. STUFF. WORKS.
Some of the amazing properties topical coffee offers to our skin:
1. Caffeine acts as a constrictor, reducing inflammation and swelling. Bubbye puffy under-eye cirlces!
2. Coffee acts as a skin firmer. Bubbye morning-after sag!
3. Coffee makes a great exfoliant to make skin feel soft and smooth.
Faerie Goatmother is proud to introduce what has been, up until now, our own little secret for family and friends, the New Face Miracle Mask with, you guessed it, the puffiness fighting power of coffee!
New Face harnesses the power of nature to give you results that you probably thought you could only get from a professional.
- High lactic acid content of goat milk yogurt helps to break the bonds between dead skin cells causing them to slough off and allow fresh cells to shine through.
- Organic honey lends antioxidant, humectant and healing properties
- Soothing oatmeal contains both anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Nature's Botox, Hibiscus, is a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) which are known to help exfoliate skin, speed up cell turnover, and help control acne breakouts. They also increase moisture and improve flexibility and elasticity.
- Cayenne helps improve circulation to the skin, calling attention to places that need healing, drawing out impurities and helping to fade dark spots and blemishes.
- Coffee helps reduce inflammation (puffiness, under eye circles), tones and brightens skin.
Use one to two times daily. Each 2 ounce jar contains approximately 15-20 masks.